Friday, June 29, 2007

Shiraz, what do you want from your life??

Somebody in a sweet voice just threw something from the next cubicle....ok ok dont pressurize your brain; it was a question - Shiraz, what do you want from your life??
this question and the way it has been thrown was the perfect example of "zor ka jhatka dheerey se lagey" campaign.... let me admit that this particle of the Great God in human body sometimes really shakes my mind, boggle it down....
my tongue under the control of brain refused to accompany me at the last moment which was planning to prompt, "I have given nothing to my life and there is no reason for me to expect anything from someone to whom I have given nothing....", but brain twisted it to say.. "heyi sorry...not the right time yaar.. will discuss sometime later in good detail..."...
and now this is the moment when this question is bugging me.. what is my aim?? why am I here in this world?? what I have to achieve in this world?? and when finally if I have to die then whats the point in achieving something?? is my achievement affect someone or does it solve some mystical purpose?? I know religions have thess answers in good detail.....(and the reason being that I am not the only first born stupid.. many would have come before me...and religion has evolved answering these boar-headed people )...... but again what a logical mind says?? Do we have any answer??
ok, leave life fundaaas aside anf lets move a little ahead....coming back to the original question...I can enumerate following things as to achieve in my life:
1. I want my life to be a decent one.. ..no show-offs or luxury but simple and easy...
2. I will like to spend a good time with my family and friends while going ahead in my life....
3. I will like to be respected and will respect all people around me (but this respect bounary with friends always gets thin...)...
4. I will like to have a constant decent income.. ..by which I can support all my family needs sufficiently...(I can again recall a big argument over defining a decent income in my past...)..
5. Working with a good, self-less and fair NGO is always being my dream.. fulfillment of this dream will be considered as an added value.
6. I will like to finish Quran atleast once in my life with complete meaning and understanding....
7. and then a respectable death....

**Well, I dont think I am expecting too much... no big dreams at all.. just a clean unhurt life.. nothing more....

7 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

excellent lines shiraz.it's a simple question that many people think but dont want to answer just because they never think of it when somebody asks they give a nonsense
reply.You have written this article in a very beatufiul manner and i appreciate your writing skills.it is superb.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Fauzia Tarannum said...

hi shiraz
i just finished reading your aims in life. They are quite similar to that of mine specially that of working in an NGO and finshing Quran with meaning...wishing you all the best in life with hope that both of us will eventaully succed in getting what we want from our lives..

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Fauzia Tarannum said...

Hi shiraz
Ijust finished reading your aims in life. They are quite similar to that of mine specially that of workin in an NGO and finshing Quran with meaning...wishing you all the best in life with hope that both of us will eventaully succed in getting what we want from our lives..

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Shiraz Anwar said...

:-) , thanks Fauzia jee!!
I got your comments and published it in morning itself when you posted it first time .. anyway thanks for the wishes :D ...

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger sweet rose said...

hi bro, herez a bit more ov u tht i cud actully know. ur aims and ambitions...fair and just...thts hw u r wid urself...for the income bit,,, i liked ur views about tht too... having the mind to earn to support oneself n the family..is also a form ov ibadah.. u earn both worldly respect, dignity, money and so also the blessings od allah...for he hz made man to earn and support hiz family... bt always remmba..earning halal income n remmbring allah during wrk is the aim of a true believer.. as for understanding and reading quran.. i suppose u need to read it daily with meaning n understanding.. its nt imortnt tht u read a complete chapter or surah... bt wht iz importnt iz u read atleast a lill of it daily...only 15min... i think v all cn afford to devote tht much ov tym frm our bzii skedule?... thanks for sharing ur views dea... may allah bless u and givz u all tht iz gud for u......
much love n blessings,
your sis
(me!!!!!)

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger shadkam77 said...

Man!!!
whatta post ... so v simple but i dont know why I am feeling I have read something great ... i dont know what to write but know that (after reading this wonderful a post) i have to ....

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger shadkam77 said...

Also, "with complete meaning and understanding" se ek baat yaad aa gayee. Allama Iqbaal se ek baar unke vaalid saab ne kaha thhaa, "Beta, Quran parho, to itna ziada samajh kar parhne ki koshish karo, jaise ki yeh tumpar utara ja raha ho"
... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home